Team Philile 2017 Registration
The Philile Foundation is a registered, non-profit organisation that transforms communities through early childhood development services. Section 18A Tax certificates can be issued for donations.
By signing up to #RideForAPurpose you will be part of building a future generation by supporting the Philile Foundation. Cyclists are required to raise a minimum of R2500.00 which will be used to help us to transform communities through early childhood development.
The Philile Foundation has an amazing vision for South Africa where every child has access to quality pre-school education. Play-based learning develops the fundamentals of mathematics, language concepts, innovation, problem-solving and creativity. The Foundation has an integrated and holistic approach to education, which includes wellness, nutrition, sport, environmental awareness, entrepreneurship and the personal development of each child.
By signing up to #RideForAPurpose you will be part of building a future generation by supporting the Philile Foundation.
Please ensure that you have registered on the official 947 Cycle Challenge website and have filled out this online entry form to ride for Team Philile.
Register Now! Complete the form below to begin
Aside from knowing that your contribution has a massive impact on building a future generation and planting seeds of hope that will benefit so many, here are some of the other perks to cycling for Team Philile:
- Relatively early race start time: If this is your first time or if you have not cycled the 947 in a few years this is great news as unseeded cyclists usually have a very late start time (after 10am). It gets very hot on the day and the earlier your race start time the better! Not to worry if you a serious cyclist you can still cycle for Team Philile and start in your seeded time slot.
- Team Philile cycle jersey: colourful orange Team Philile Cycle jerseys that can be worn with pride.
- Group training rides: Team Philile group training rides leave from Something Country in the Cradle of Humankind.
- A meet and greet will be hosted at DC Coffee Co in the Riversands Farm Village after the race. Join us after the race for some refreshments, excellent coffee and donuts, a sports massage and a big high five!
- Regular newsletters.
- Cheering and support along the route: Team Philile Powerzones are set up along the route supporting Team Philile cyclists.